But Mondays suck, I hear you exclaim. That is one way of looking at it. However, I am here to argue that the much maligned Monday has much to offer.
- Every body knows that Monday is usually the day that you start diets. Which means that by around lunch time (or morning tea time) you can look forward to eating your body weight in ALL THE FOOD and abruptly ending the Monday diet madness. Or is that just me?
- It's often a public holiday.
- It makes you appreciate Fridays even more.
- It's the only day of the week that starts with an M, making it unique.
- There are lots of famous songs inspired by Mondays: I Don't Like Mondays, Manic Monday, Rainy Days And Mondays (always get me down...) The fact that they are all negative songs is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.
- Lots of restaurants offer kids eat free deals on Mondays. Since you've already screwed your diet at lunch time, you might as well forget about cooking and go for it.
- You can plan all the things you have to do this week and start ticking them off. Alternatively, you can just tick of the days until the weekend.
- You may have a favourite television show which airs on a Monday. I'm not even sure which shows are on on Mondays. What am I like?
- If Home And Away or Neighbours ended on a cliffhanger on Friday you have all the pent up anticipation of the next episode to look forward to. Surprisingly I don't watch either show. Come to think of it, I don't really watch any shows. Weird.
- The BEST reason of all that Monday ROCKS: It's usually the day I share a new post here on Nessville!!!!!
Admit it, it's the only reason you wake up, right?
Anyway, lets get down to my exciting list of things that are happening in the land of Nessville this week:
Most likely I will get out of bed. If you are reading this then I have managed it. I will certainly look at Facebook. I will post this blog. It's my gift to the world. Just to make your Monday so much better. You're welcome.
Mickey Blue Eye's birthday is on Tuesday! This of course means one thing: CAKE!!
I also have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I had a routine blood test done last Wednesday. This is just for a check-up for my cholesterol and sugar levels as well as my thyroid. So I'm going back to see how it went. I'm quietly optimistic that it's all good. I haven't received any phone calls. Last time I had a blood test, my GP rang me immediately the next day to tell my that my sugar levels were a concern and I had to have a Glucose Tolerance Test. So far, no phone calls this time around. That has to be a good thing, doesn't it? This Weight Witches thing may be paying off after all. Oh my stars!
I will probably stare into space vacantly after exercising vigorously. At which point I will come to the conclusion that since I just exercised and it still must be some one's birthday somewhere, I can justify having yet more leftover birthday cake. Winning!
I will probably have a cup of tea. Actually several cups of tea. I always do.
I have my monthly weigh-in at Weight Witches. SUCH a glamorous life I lead. At this point I've scheduled in some sulking when all my cake-eating catches up with me. Following this brief period of sulking, I've then scheduled a firm kick up the bum to myself to make myself get back on track. As soon as I figure out how to become a contortionist....
I suppose I could get Mickey Blue Eyes to kick me up the bum. Otherwise, I'll kick HIM up the bum. I mean, it was HIS birthday cake! It's totally his fault that I ate cake! Come to think of it, my Mum and Mr 14 also had birthdays in this past month. More cake! Therefore, it's totally my family's fault for FORCING me to eat ALL THE CAKE. SO rude.
Two out of three boys have soccer. I'm sure it will be as thrilling as last Saturday when Mr 6 informed me "We lost 7 - nil, but I scored TWO GOALS!!"
Not exactly sure how that works. I think he inherited his logic from me. So proud.
On Sunday I will be sleeping in. There are no other exciting plans. What could be more exciting than sleeping in?
This will conclude an action-packed week. Just in time for another marvellous Monday! Can't wait... Can you?
Linking up for I Must Confess, Open Slather and Mummy Mondays.