Anyway, I had better get on with bringing you up to date with all my doings! It's been epic, so you had better grab your beverage of choice and some popcorn and settle in. Or perhaps a nice piece of fresh fruit since it's the beginning of the year and a Monday, so the odds are high that you're on a health kick. We won't say the nasty little D word. The fact that I am on Weight Witches is completely irrelevant. It's not a.... (insert d word) it's a lifestyle! That's the lovely little illusion we tell ourselves as we munch our way through shit tonnes of salad and pay people to humiliate us with weekly weigh ins. Works for me!
But where was I? Oh, that's right I was about to enthral you with all my shenanigans. Yes, ENTHRAL is the correct word. On the other hand, I'm not really sure what shenanigans are, but they sound impressive. So let's get straight to it! Or should I waffle on for another paragraph? Waffle it is! I mean, the whole post is waffle anyway. So on with the waffling!
Sit back and prepare to be transfixed with all my entertaining exploits. Be thrilled by my fascinating adventures, riveting escapades and action-packed...um....erm....adventures. Okay, I already said adventures! So what? HMPH. But you will see what I mean.
Perch on the edge of your seat as you read with nail-biting anticipation of my numerous trips to buy groceries, my pointless attempts at housework and my ongoing gig as reluctant nurse to Mickey Blue Eyes. Florence Nightingale, I ain't. Get your own ice-pack, you lazy bastard. Just because you're on bloody crutches and in a knee brace is no excuse to be idle! Jeez, some people!
Read with undisguised envy of my weekly drop offs to physio-therapy appointments, repeated attempts to visit Medicare over the Christmas period and valiant efforts to convince three rambunctious boys that nobody has ever actually died of terminal boredom as yet. Yes, some folk may have considered flinging themselves in front of an oncoming bus or opening a vein during some particularly tedious times, but Terminal Boredom isn't actually an affliction. Get over it, dudes.
In addition to all of this flurry of activity, I have also made time to participate in an astonishing array of avant garde activities. These include:
- Walking the dog
- Whinging about the heat
- Turning the air conditioner on
- Preparing meals for three ungrateful offspring who do not appreciate my superb culinary skills
- Whinging about the heat some more
- Turning the air conditioner up
- Scrolling down my Facebook feed to see all the shiny, happy people living their shiny, happy lives
- Whinging about the heat some more
- Melting into a puddle
- Drinking gallons of water
- Peeing a billion times a day (see above)
- Staring into space
- Writing shopping lists which I forget when I actually go shopping
- Opening the fridge for the fiftieth time a day only to discover that it contains the same disappointing contents it did the previous forty-nine times I opened it
- Opening the fridge and cupboards five million times a day for three ravenous boys who not only find the contents disappointing in the extreme, but also blame you for this deprivation with unreserved scorn and vitriol.
- Schlepping out to become insolvent by buying an extraordinary amount of groceries, only to lug them all home, have to put them away, figure out what to cook with them to please a family and your Weight Witchy self. After which, you receive yet more scorn and vitriol with the added bonus of a shit tonne of washing up as well. Awesome.
- Repeat the above point every two days, as all food seems to be devoured in this short amount of time.
- Weep at the at the cost of all those grocery bills
I could go on, but I'm certain I'm making you all jealous. Okay, not really.
As you may have guessed from all of the above, 2014 for me limped it's way to a lacklustre finish. Which was handy, because it was just in time for 2015 to limp in a similar lackadaisical fashion. But it's all good, because as we all know new years are the time for all that 'new year, new me' bullshit. 'You've just started a 365 page book, write a good one' and all that rah rah stuff. So I may as well get on board and make a few resolutions.
- I resolve to read more! I already have a gazillion books waiting for me, so it seems a shame to just leave them lying around. Done!
- I resolve to catch up on my sleep debt. I've got a good 14 years of sleep deprivation to catch up on. So it's nanna naps all the way for 2015. An exclamation point there would seem to imply rather more energy than is necessary for napping so I gave it a miss.
- I resolve to daydream more! After all, it's just like meditation, right?
- I resolve to learn more, this will require online research and web surfing.But it's all the name of self-improvement. Ahem.
- I resolve to try new foods. After all, chocolate is food, isn't it? There must be so many varieties that I haven't tried yet. Sounds like a plan to me.
- I resolve to make new friends. On Facebook. Imaginary friends are so much easier. I don't have to clean the house up for them. So if you want to shoot me a friend request, feel free.
- I resolve to catch up with old friends. In person! In fact, I already did on New Year's Eve! So we're good until at least May, I reckon.
- I resolve to write more meaningless, random, waffling, ad hok drivel and post it here. You're welcome!
- I resolve to keep going to Weight Witches until I'm finally a witch like Samantha. The nose twitching thing doesn't seem to be working as yet. Damn.
- And finally, I have some vague hope that 2015 may be the year that I actually get that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Otherwise I resolve to go quietly insane. Oh wait. Too late....
|Happy New Year from a quietly insane woman|
What is your New Year's Resolution?