Similarly, I only just realised it actually was going to be Christmas presently a week or two ago. I'm a tad slow. Anyhow, here goes:
1. I know I'm in the minority on this one, but if Mariah Carey would please stop warbling about All She Wants For Christmas everywhere I go that would be great.
2. I wish there really was a Santa, so I didn't have to brave the shops and consequently hear Mariah Carey warbling every five minutes.
3. I wish I could take the credit if my boys are blissfully happy with their gifts instead of bloody old Santa getting the credit.
On the flip side if they are less than thrilled with their loot, I'm more than happy to blame Santa. After all, what has he ever done for me? He didn't even bring me a Barbie Dream House when I wanted one so desperately in 1980. Or a Ken doll. I had to make do with my brother's GI Joe with the dodgy leg that fell off when you tried to pretend they were having sex. (Come on, don't tell me I was the only one who ever did that. Was I?)
4. I would really love to have a time machine. What for? Well, then I could hop in and have it whisk me back to May 1972, so I could go and see the Carpenters perform at the Chevron Hotel in Sydney. Oh, shut up.
|This may or may not be the 1972 concert, either|
way, I wish I was there. In the mosh pit.
It's not lame that I want that. Or even that I know that they did, indeed, perform at the Chevron Hotel in Sydney in May, 1972. And that, while here, Karen Carpenter bought a stuffed koala bear and named him Sir Bear Of Sydney and that is why I call myself that on Twitter. Again, I reiterate, shut up.
5. I wish that the afore mentioned time machine could not only whisk you back in time, but also figure out a way to make more time in the day so I could spend hours listening to Carpenters, blogging and reading and still find time for other stuff. Like those pesky kids I have. Ahem.
PS. I also wouldn't mind finally becoming Cashed Up Bogans and getting that McMansion in Boganville Heights. Oh, and world peace.
PPS. There is really nothing at all wrong with Mariah Carey. She can't help it that she's not Karen Carpenter.
Oh, and I should tag people. As I've mentioned I'm a bit slow and spacey, so if you've already done this, ignore me.
Mum's Take Five
A life of peace and gratitude