- Potential to grow mould on the roof and ceilings of the front bedrooms.
- Potential for the roof to leak (tragically our boys will never be able to thank us during their wedding speech for bringing them up 'under a roof that didn't leak'. This is how Mick thanked his parents during his speech at our wedding).
- Potential to cause all five of us to suffer from lifelong paralysing claustrophobia.
- Potential to cause chills in winter as it so cold. Brrrrrrrrr.
- Potential to feel like a sauna during summer as it is so hot. Phew.
- Potential to become a gigantic, cluttered mess- FAST, due to lack of space.
- Potential to look rather pitiful among some of the other renovated or knock down/rebuilt homes popping up on our street.
It is half done. Hopefully the half done look is in, as it may not be finished for another ten years. The other day we noticed that Master 3 has already helpfully scribbled on the fresh paint. A very cutting edge look indeed, so we might just go with it.
We also have a lovely combination of mismatched, dodgy furniture, including a sofa bed that doesn't match the two dilapidated recliners. A kitchen sideboard cupboard with the glass missing out of the doors. And a wardrobe in the boys bedroom which can't be shut. All so very classy and in keeping with our true bogan status.
I'm sure our home could be a candidate for a Home Beautiful shoot. If there was a Home Beautiful for Feral Bogans issue that is. Unfortunately, Micky Blue Eyes and I are of the stressy types who would not be able to sleep at night with the worry of a massive debt/mortgage over our heads. Others wouldn't be able to sleep at night in Boganville, ironically. Me, I'm a born and bred bogan, so I don't know any different. So here we stay, debt free and bogans.